Saturday, February 13, 2010

Running Scared (2006)

Sitting home, looking for some adrenaline push, I do more often search for Action/Thrillers. Had no idea about the release of Running Scared (2006) way back then. So, I saw it recently. I agree that the plot is made out of circle. And to some extent, I give plus point to that. It may look that the way the movie begins, it might loose the plot and go wayward but then it comes to ground zero before the climax. Concept wise, there are hundreds of movies on the same line. Chain of events following, creation of confusion, good guy, bad guy, suspicious guys and all those crime/drama plots are there in the movie. To add up the spices, there are child artists and primarily the movie revolves around them. Now, though the movie has a mix of mob and cops but those who are looking for such neck-to-neck dramatic dialogues then this is not the piece for you. For me, yes after watching so many of such movies, the development of plot in the first 15 minutes did give me the hint about the main leads character in the beginning itself. The movie happens during one night only so that may seem strange, for it to be so many things in less than 10 hours. However, this also limits the scope of cinematography. Nothing special was required, so nothing magnificent has been delivered. No background score, as well.

I think there was not much requirement in terms of great acting and thus, I will not make any particular comment about the acting. It is one of those pastime movies which you see, enjoy and forget. Target it for those days when you got nothing to do.

My Rating: 6.4/10

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home