Friday, February 12, 2010

Twelve Monkeys (1995)

Twelve Monkeys is directed by Terry Gilliam. His other masterpieces have been Time Bandits (1981) and Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (1998). But he has given duds such as Brother's Grimm (2005), too. But leave that aside. I think Terry Gilliam is a the director of the dreams, writer of the influence. Likes portraying fantasy of the real human being. Twelve Monkeys is a Sci-Fi, Drama and a Thriller. Practically speaking, it covers basic development of confusion due to time-travel, draws line between people who know more and then who are ignorant. It is definitely, a good work of fiction. If I draw the parallels, I see that how it becomes difficult for someone who is alert of a disaster eminent in future finds difficult to convince about the same to the people who have less idea about it. We can easily see today that environmental problem of the earth is going to be fatal for human beings, if we do not act now. But is this thing known by everyone? And say, if everyone is working on the same page to tackle it? I felt that one of the take of the Director on this film is about the same situation. Rest, of course is a thrill and humor of the situations, at times.

Good acting by Bruce Willis, Brad Pitt and Madeleine Stowe. I revised this film recently for when I saw it in 1998 for the first time, trust me I had not clue whats all happening on screen! It was just a few days ago when I was wondering, who started all this? The stories of future saviors? My answer is James Cameron's The Terminator (1984). :)
My Rating: 7.3/10

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home